Montgomery Family’s Dog Recovering After Eating Jerky Treats Tainted With Deet & Amantadine

A local dog became ill after eating the infamous jerky treats we have all read about. We are so happy Buddy is on the road to recovery.  Tests revealed that the treats Buddy ingested included the chemical Deet (active ingredient in many insect repellents) and Amantadine (used as an antiviral drug used to treat Avian Influenza).
Here is Buddy’s story:

WSFA.com: News Weather and Sports for Montgomery, AL.

Continue reading